Staying Home when Appropriate
- Educating employees about when they should stay home and when they can return to work.
~Actively encouraging employees who are sick or have recently had close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 to stay home. Dablon has developed policies that encourage sick employees to stay at home without fear of reprisal, and ensure employees are aware of these policies.
~Employees should stay home if they have tested positive for or are showing COVID-19 symptoms.
~Employees who have recently had a close contact with a person with COVID-19 should also stay home and monitor their health.
~CDC’s criteria can help inform when employees they may return to work:
~If they have been sick with COVID-19
~If they have recently had a close contact with a person with COVID-19
Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette
- Requiring frequent employee handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and increase monitoring to ensure adherence.
- Encouraging employees to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue. Used tissues should be thrown in the trash and hands washed immediately with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
~If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Cloth Face Coverings
- Dablon requires the use of cloth face coverings among all staff, as feasible.
- Dablon has ensured adequate supplies to support healthy hygiene behaviors.
Signs and Messages
- Signs are posted in highly visible locations that promote everyday protective measures and describe how to stop the spread germs such as by properly washing hands and properly wearing a cloth face covering.
Cleaning and Disinfection
- Dablon is cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces at least daily, or as frequently as possible as required by food safety requirements.Following all required safety laws, regulations, and rules.
~Using products that meet EPA disinfection standards and that are appropriate for the surface. Allowing the disinfectant to remain on the surface for the contact time recommended by the manufacturer.
~Dablon has established a disinfection routine and have trained staff on proper cleaning timing and procedures to ensure safe and correct application of disinfectants.
- Dablon has developed a schedule for increased, routine cleaning and disinfection.
- Requiring the use of gloves when removing garbage bags and washing hands after removing gloves.
- Discouraged sharing of items that are difficult to clean, sanitize, or disinfect.
- Limited any sharing of food, equipment, or supplies by staff members.
- Ensure adequate supplies to minimize sharing of high-touch materials (e.g.,
- Offering disposable menus.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces such as pens, counters, or hard surfaces between use.
- Use disposable food service items (e.g., utensils, plates, napkins). Employees are required to wash their hands after removing their gloves or after handling used food service items.
- Not allowing guests to bring outside food, beverages or utensils.
- Ensuring that ventilation systems operate properly and recommending outdoor seating.
- Regularly changing out ventilation filters as recommended by manufacturer.
Modified Layouts and Procedures
- Updated the Tasting Room and outdoor seating area to ensure that all customer parties remain at least 6 feet apart.
- Limit seating capacity to allow for social distancing.
- Offering curbside take-out and delivery options. Prioritize outdoor seating as much as possible.
- Requesting customers to wait in their cars or away from the establishment while waiting for curbside orders or when waiting to be seated. Informing customers of curbside protocols on the business’ website and on posted signs.
Protections for Employees at Higher Risk for Severe Illness from COVID-19
- Dablon has developed policies to protect the privacy of persons at higher risk for severe illness in accordance with applicable privacy and confidentiality laws and regulations.
- Dablon follows local or state policies and recommendations related to group gatherings to determine if events can be held.
- Only holding group events, gatherings, or meetings where social distancing of at least 6 feet between people can be maintained.
Designated COVID-19 Point of Contact
- Dablon has designated staff for each shift to be responsible for responding to COVID-19 concerns.
- Systems are in place for:
~Consistent with applicable law and privacy policies, having staff self-report to the establishment’s point of contact if they have symptoms of COVID-19, a positive test for COVID-19, or were exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days in accordance with health information sharing regulations for COVID-19, and other applicable privacy and confidentiality laws and regulations.
~Notifying staff, customers, and the public of business closures, and restrictions in place to limit COVID-19 exposure (e.g., limited hours of operation).
Leave (Time Off) Policies
- Implemented flexible sick leave policies and practices that enable employees to stay home when they are sick, have been exposed, or caring for someone who is sick.
~Leave policies are be flexible and not punish people for taking time off and should allow sick employees to stay home and away from co-workers. Leave policies also account for employees who need to stay home with their children if there are school or childcare closures, or to care for sick family members.
- Developed policies for return-to-work after COVID-19 illness. CDC’s criteria to discontinue home isolation can inform these policies.
- Training all employees in safety actions via red and sign.
Recognize Signs and Symptoms
- Conducting daily health checks of staff safely and respectfully, and in accordance with any applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Advising Sick Employees of Home Isolation Criteria
- Sick employees are required to not return to work until they have met CDC’s criteria to discontinue home isolation.
Isolate and Transport Those Who are Sick
- Employees are advised to not come to work if they are sick, and they should notify their manager or other designated COVID-19 point of contact if they become sick with COVID-19 symptoms, test positive for COVID-19, have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms or a confirmed or suspected case.
- Immediately separate employees or customers with COVID-19 symptoms (i.e., fever, cough, shortness of breath). Individuals who are sick will be asked to go home or to a healthcare facility, depending on how severe their symptoms are, and follow CDC guidance for caring for oneself and others who are sick.
Clean and Disinfect
- Close off areas used by a sick person and do not use these areas until after cleaning and disinfecting them.
Notify Health Officials and Close Contacts
- In accordance with state and local laws, Dablon will notify local health officials and staff immediately of any case of COVID-19 among employees, while maintaining confidentiality in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Advising those who have had close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 to stay home and self-monitor for symptoms and follow CDC guidance if symptoms develop. Critical infrastructure workers may refer to CDC Guidance for Critical Infrastructure Workers, if applicable.