Dablon Vineyards and Winery is a 75 acre estate winery specializing in dry wines made from 37 acres of planted European varietals.
We are looking for an outside sales representative based in Illinois who will be responsible for growing the presence of Dablon’s portfolio in this market through both on and off premise sales while maintaining our existing customers base. This sales representative must also have the willingness to assist with events and sales efforts in neighboring Michigan and Indiana territories when needed.
This position would be expected to work at least 3-4 days a week selling in the field and 1-2 days a week in our Tasting Room (Saturday or Sunday) initially, to better learn our business.
Our Ideal Candidate will:
- Have strong knowledge of Michigan wine, international wine regions and fine wine in general
- Have a proven track record of effectiveness in sales (a background in managing national/corporate accounts is a major plus)
- Have at least three years wine industry experience
- Be able to work independently & as part of the Dablon team - will be involved in weekly meetings and will brief the team on progress at the end of each week
- Conduct wine tastings, staff trainings, trade shows and other wine events for and with distributors
- Conduct regular distributor market work-withs to ensure Dablon’s brand priority within the distributor’s portfolio
- Have the ability to grow, develop and cultivate relationships with many different kinds of customers
- Be able to interface with our distributors
- Have a pleasant personality & appearance
- Have availability to work evenings & some weekends in the Tasting Room & for special offsite events (e.g. Four Winds Casino, Green City Chef BBQ, etc.)
- Have the ability to lift at least 50 lbs. and stand on feet for long periods of time
- Have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record and a reliable car
- Be a smart, articulate, driven extrovert
Please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com