Tour Guide Position Description
Dablon Vineyards and Winery is seeking to add a Tour Guide to their team. Dablon Vineyards began in 2009 with 4 acres of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. We have continued to grow with additional plantings and currently produce wine from 41 acres of estate-grown grapes.
We are looking for someone who is knowledgeable in wine and sales. The ideal candidate will be friendly, outgoing, a hard worker and have a passion and knowledge of wine.
Special consideration will be given to those with winery, sales and/or hospitality background. Some on the job training will be given, but basic knowledge of the wine making process is necessary for this position.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Conduct tours for up to 15 guests.
· Conduct tastings after tour at tour bar.
· Assist customers purchase of wine.
· Promote the sales of Dablon wine, Wine Club and Events.
· Demonstrate ability to connect with a variety of customers and ensure every customer has an overall positive experience.
· Knowledge of POS and cash register.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Excellent customer service skills and ability to engage with the public.
· Ability to portray a positive, professional manner in all customer situations.
· Passion for wine and selling premium wines.
· Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs. and work on your feet for long periods of time.
· Must be at least 21 years of age.
· Valid Michigan Driver’s License.
· Wine & Restaurant knowledge a plus, but not required.
Knowledge needed for this position:
Some on the job training will be necessary for this position but basic wine knowledge will be needed.
· Grape growing basics.
· Wine making basics.
· Barrel aging process.
Training will include:
· Varietals grown by Dablon.
· Dablon’s planting and trellis style (European similarities).
· Story of Claude Dablon (New France, Michigan connection).
· Importance of weather and geographic location.
· Connection between Dablon’s latitude and Burgundy/Bordeaux.
· POS basics.
Email inquiries only; please send resume to Leigh and Leigh@Dablon.com